Homemade Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips
Recipe from Angela Liddon at ohsheglows.com, as she adapted it from both marthastewart.com and Heidi Swanson from 101cookbooks.com.
- 4 cups white vinegar Possibly more.
- 4-5 medium potatoes
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt And extra to season with.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste *Use whatever desired amount.
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Place them in a medium sized pot and cover them completely with the vinegar.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil and then reduce them to medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the potatoes soak in the vinegar for 30 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place two baking sheets, preferably nonstick, in the oven, and heat them for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and then drain the potatoes well.
- Gently toss with oil, salt, and pepper, completely coating the slices.
- Arrange the slices on the sheets in a single layer (yes, those words are bold for a reason) and bake until the potatoes are golden on the bottom side, about 30 minutes. Turn the potatoes over, and bake until they are golden brown all over, about 15 minutes more. (We actually had to take dozens of chips off the baking sheets every ten minutes due to different thicknesses. We didn’t want them to burn too badly.)
- Remove them from the oven, drizzle them with vinegar, and serve to your salt and vinegar potato chip loving friends and family!